Time 2 Be is now OPEN for new applications. See below for more information on our short breaks fund.
Connecting Carers aims to:
- improve support, services and recognition for anyone caring for someone in the Highlands
- support carers to be key partners in the planning and delivery of health and social care
- empower carers to manage their caring role and have a life outside caring (through Carers Support Plans)
- keep carers informed through the Network Bulletin and a range of other channels
If you would like to talk to us about your caring role, please contact us by telephone, email, or visit us.
Carers Support Line 01463 723560
Time 2 Be Fund reopened!
Connecting Carers is delighted to announce that the 'Time 2 Be' fund, which is made available through Shared Care Scotland's Creative Breaks initiative, is now accepting new applications. We have been successful in applying for more funds for 'Time 2 Be' and 'Wee Treats'. There are still some applications being processed and carers will hear the outcome of these in due course.
The funding provides opportunities for carers to be at the centre of planning and decision making about their Time 2 Be, and for their break/activity to be genuinely personalised - be it an opportunity to spend time alone, with a friend or with the person they care for. At July 2014, approximately 180 carers have been awarded money from these funds for short breaks in Highland.
The aim of Time 2 Be is to enhance and develop the quality of life of carers and to support their caring role. The distinctive feature of Time 2 Be is that it should be a positive experience for carers, providing the opportunity to have:
- A break from day-to-day routines
- The experience of doing something new
- Time to rest and recharge the batteries
- Opportunities to meet new people and maintain friendships
- Time for personal interests, leisure or cultural activities
- Improved health and well-being